Copyright East Carroll Parish. All rights reserved.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE
1. Must be over 18 years of age.
2. Boy and girl under 18 must have both parents sign.
3. Boy and girl under 16 must have both parents sign and have judge's consent.
4. Must produce birth certificates and picture ID. If Foreign birth it must be accompanied with an appropriate translation.
5. Must wait 24 hours after receiving license to be married. License is good for 30 days only in the State of Louisiana.
6. If previously married, must provide copy of divorce decree. Must specify if the ex-spouse is living or deceased. Also must provide date and location of each divorce.
7. BOTH PARTIES MUST APPEAR. (WHEN APPLYING PLEASE BE AT THE OFFICE NO LATER THAN 4:00 P.M.)
8. Must wait 30 days after final divorce to apply for a license.Any exceptions MUST be authorized by the district judge.License cost $32.50 (cash only, no checks accepted)
Persons who apply for a certified copy of a BIRTH OR DEATH certificate must produce identification in the form of one primary document or 2 secondary documents.
A. Primary Document
B. Secondary Documents
**Important: IN CASES WHERE APPLICANTS PROVIDE OR ATTEST TO FALSE INFORMATION, THE INDIVIDUAL WHO SIGNS THE APPLICATION IS THE INDIVIDUAL PROSECUTED.